FOR APPOINTMENT AS A RESIDENT AT
HOPTON GARDENS, HOPTON STREET, LONDON SE1 9JJ or
ST SAVIOUR’S COURT, 2A OLD LODGE LANE, PURLEY, SURREY CR8 4ER
To live in our almshouses, you must:
- usually be aged 65 or over
- have lived in Southwark for 3 years before you apply
- have a low income and limited capital
- be able to live independently with help from carers if necessary
INFORMATION ON OUR APPOINTMENTS PROCESS
- This is the first stage of our appointments process. We will write or e-mail to confirm that we have received your application form. All information will be treated confidentially.
- After we receive your application, we will let you know whether or not you are likely to be eligible to be an almshouse resident. At that stage if you appear to be eligible you may visit the almshouses by appointment.
- If you decide that you want to proceed with your application, we will need further information. One of our staff members will also need to visit you at home. Your application will then be considered by the charity.
- Hopton Gardens and St Saviour’s Court are almshouses. Residents live there as beneficiaries of a charity and they do not have a tenancy. If you are unsure how this affects you, please seek advice. We may ask for evidence to support the information you have given us on this form.
This form is also available to download.