Our Large Grants Programme is for grants of more than £5,000. We are looking to fund proposals that achieve our 3 priorities: Positive Ageing, Levelling the Playing Field and Strong, Resilient Communities. We now award unrestricted (and core funding) as well as project-based or service-based funding. We generally award unrestricted grants to organisations that we have partnered with before.
Click here to find more information about the context and aims of the Large Grants programme.
We are looking to fund proposals that demonstrate the following (our criteria):
- Deliver in line with current priorities
- Demonstrate creativity
- Foster reciprocity (giving back)
- Demonstrate that they meet local need
- Are protective or preventative (i.e. tackle root causes/prevent later problems)
- Leverage resources (in cash or in kind)
- Influence policy, practice or systems for broader impact.
Priority will also be given to organisations that demonstrate the following:
- Alignment with our Community Investment aims and priorities
- Track record of effective delivery
- Clarity of purpose and strategy
- Effective leadership
- Strong, appropriate governance/diversity of governance
- Collaborative approach and working practice
- Effective financial and operational management
- Appropriate impact measurement and reflection.
If you receive a grant, you’ll need to sign a grant agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions form that explains our expectations, including what the funds can be used for. We will agree proportionate reporting arrangements with you. For unrestricted/core grants this will include management accounts and annual/impact reports. Project/service grants will be asked to provide 6-monthly progress reports and an end of project report.