Our Large Grants Programme is for grants of more than £5,000. We are looking to fund proposals that achieve our 3 priority outcomes: Positive Ageing, Levelling the Playing Field and Strong, Resilient Communities. In 2021, the Large Grants Programme will support proposals for unrestricted/core funding or project/service funding.
You can find more information about the context and aims of the Large Grants programme in this document
We are looking to fund proposals that demonstrate the following (our criteria):
- Deliver in line with current priorities
- Demonstrate creativity
- Foster reciprocity (giving back)
- Demonstrate that they meet local need
- Are protective or preventative (i.e. tackle root causes/prevent later problems)
- Leverage resources (in cash or in kind)
- Influence policy, practice or systems for broader impact.
Priority will also be given to organisations that demonstrate the following:
- Alignment with CI aims and priorities
- Track record of effective delivery
- Clarity of purpose and strategy
- Effective leadership
- Strong, appropriate governance/diversity of governance
- Collaborative approach and working practice
- Effective financial and operational management
- Appropriate impact measurement and reflection.
If you receive a grant, you’ll need to sign a grant agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions form that explains our expectations, including what the funds can be used for. We will agree proportionate reporting arrangements with you. For unrestricted/core grants this will include management accounts and annual/impact reports. Project/service grants will be asked to provide 6-monthly progress reports, as well as an end of project report.