Our Large Grants Programme is currently suspended due to the Covid-19 outbreak. We will be reviewing this on a regular basis and will update our website as appropriate.
Our Large Grants Programme is for grants of more than £5,000. We are looking to fund proposals that achieve our 3 priority outcomes: Positive Ageing, Levelling the Playing Field and Strong, Resilient Communities. In 2020, the Large Grants Programme was open to core funding proposals.
You can find more information about the context and aims of the Large Grants programme in this document
We are looking to fund proposals that demonstrate the following (our criteria):
- Address the outcomes of the Large Grants Programme.
- Foster reciprocity (the process of mutual support, giving back to the community or to others)
- Clearly meet local need
- Are protective or preventative in approach (i.e. tackle the root causes and prevent later problems)
- Leverage resources (in cash or in kind)
- Have a positive and broad impact (both directly, and through influence over policy, practice or systems)
Priority will also be given to organisations that demonstrate the following:
- Track record of effective delivery
- Clear purpose and strategy
- Effective leadership
- Strong and appropriate governance
- Collaborative approach and working practice
- Effective financial and operational management
- Appropriate impact measurement and reflection
If you receive a grant, you’ll need to sign a grant agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions form that explains our expectations, including what the funds can be used for. You will need to keep accurate financial records and produce 6-monthly progress reports, as well as an end of year report.