Southwark is a rapidly changing inner city borough of London. Whilst change often leads to improved and regenerated neighbourhoods, the scale and pace of change in Southwark has meant that many communities have been left behind or displaced, and new incoming communities are unable to adapt. In response to this we coordinate our support towards communities who face the greatest disadvantage, through our housing and grant making programmes, to help unite the people and communities of Southwark.
Just prior to the crisis caused by the Coronavirus global pandemic, the Board approved a new strategic plan for 2020-2025. Whilst the crisis has affected every part of our activities, and we have adapted rapidly to meet the new needs experienced by our communities, we are still committed to deliver the strategic plan.
Our new strategic objectives are as follows:
- Increase the Community Investment reach and impact, anticipating and responding to social issues
- We will provide high quality homes and services in our almshouses which will be recognised as best practice across the almshouse movement.
- We will develop our learning and research capacity so that we are better able to influence wider policy and practice and leverage funding into the borough.
- We will continue to look for opportunities to grow, to meet current need by increasing our housing and support services and growing our income streams and reserves, sustainably.
- We will continue to develop our internal strengths and capacities in line with our ambitions.
A full copy of our most up to date Strategic Plan can be downloaded here