Our Small Grants Programme is for applications up to the value of £5,000. Most applications are in the region of £1,000 to £4,000 and the average size of a grant award in 2019/20 was around £2,400. We funded 43 different proposals over the year for ongoing activities or events.
We are looking to fund proposals that support our outcomes:
- That communities in Southwark are inclusive, strong and supportive of each other (Strong, Resilient Communities)
- Older people in Southwark are experiencing a great quality of life (Positive Ageing)
- That all residents have the same life opportunities and chances (Levelling the Playing Field).
The Small Grants Programme is largely focussed on the ‘Strong, Resilient Communities’ outcome but also initiatives that support the other two outcomes (but seeking smaller amounts of funding).
Proposals must demonstrate the following (our criteria):
- Meet our 3 outcomes
- That they meet local need
- Have a track record of effective delivery and the capacity to deliver
- Significantly develop and enable communities and lives
- Are inclusive, collaborative and participatory
- Have appropriate budget costs (value for money)
If you receive a grant, you’ll need to sign a grant agreement and accept the Terms and Conditions form that explains our expectations, including what the funds can be used for. You will need to keep accurate records of spend and at the end of the funding period you will have to complete an end of grant report. Other applications will not be considered until we have received this report.