Southwark Mayflower 400 Grants Fund
United St Saviour’s Charity has joined forces with British Land and Southwark Council to deliver the Southwark Mayflower 400 Grants Fund. The Fund aims to support local projects that mark and celebrate the 400th anniversary of the Mayflower.
Projects should respond to the Mayflower Story and one or more of its key themes: migration, tolerance, enterprise and community. It should take place in the lead up to the anniversary of the Mayflower sailing and Thanksgiving in November 2020.
Activities or events must take place in the SE16 area, although some applications that relate to places of Mayflower significance in the wider SE1 area will also be considered. Individuals and for profit businesses are not eligible to apply.
There will be two grant programmes opening three times a year:
- Micro-grants for projects, activities and events of up to and including £1,000.
- Medium grants for projects, activities and events of over £1,000.
- Grants may be used to support one off activities or revenue costs but not capital projects; applications for more than one year’s activities will also be considered.
How to apply
- Applications are via United St Saviour’s Charity’s online grants portal, Flexi Grant
- For support and advice in developing your project idea or making a funding application (especially those over a value of £5,000), please contact Matthew Allgood or Sarah Thurman at United St Saviour’s Charity on 020 3141 3432 / 020 3141 3431 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
- Support to help you develop your event is available through the London Borough of Southwark. Please see Southwark Council’s guidance on planning a community event
- Round 1. January – 1st March 2019. This round is now closed.
- Round 2. Opens 1st May 2019 – 30th June 2019. This round is now closed.
- Round 3. Opens 1st December 2019 – 31st January 2020. This round is now closed.
A Southwark Mayflower 400 Fund workshop was held on 4th February 2019 at T&T2 Surrey Quays Shopping Centre for around 40 local community groups. Click here for the Powerpoint presentation slides.