Who we help
Our grants are awarded solely to organisations that directly support people who live in our Area of Benefit. We regularly support grassroots community organisations such as parents’ groups and tenants’ and residents’ associations, and larger projects that can demonstrate a creative response to need that significantly changes the lives of beneficiaries.
We do not fund the following activities:
- Political lobbying
- Commercial activities (e.g. where there is no public benefit)
- Work which does not benefit people residing in the area of benefit.
- Medical or academic research
- Projects or building work which have already taken place
- Religious activities
- Statutory duties
We will not fund the following:
- A political party
- An individual as opposed to an organisation
- A grant-making body to make grants on our behalf
- A school, university or other educational establishment when projects are solely targeted at their own pupils or students
We will not consider further grant requests for the same project within 12 months
of a previous decision, whether a grant was awarded or not. We will not give two grants to the same organisation in the same financial year.