Large Grants Programme
Our Large Grants Programme is currently closed to new applications. The next round of large grants, for 2014/15, is expected to open on or around July 2013 and involve a two stage application process. Further details will follow on our website nearer the time.
Large Grant Awards 2013/14
In April 2013, St Saviour’s confirmed the following 12 large grant awards:
- Bede House, Youth Adventure Project, £48,000
- Blackfriars Settlement – Youth Providers Partnership, £65,000
- Cooltan Arts – Creative Workshops for people with mental health issues, £48,446
- Millwall for All – Young People’s Sports Leadership Project, £24,000
- Salmon Centre – Young People’s Leap into Life Project, £40,470
- SE1 United – Schools Citizenship Project, £25,000
- Southwark Citizens Advice Bureau – Economic Well Being Project, £42,911
- Surrey Docks Farm – From Plot to Shop, £49,575
- Teens & Toddlers – Building Young Futures, £30,000
- Time & Talents Association – Volunteer Co-ordinator, £33,373
- Women Like Us – Getting Job Ready, £32,051
- Working With Men – Young Fathers Initiative, £24,437
Total awarded: £463,263
Projects we funded in 2011/12
Borough Music School – £18,250
Providing 100 pupils with bursary support and funding a community music and development manager.
Bloomfield Learning – £9,375
Educational bursaries for dyslexic children from disadvantaged families in Southwark, enabling them to receive one to one tuition for a year with the aim that they attain their chronological reading age.
Bede House – £35,543
Bicycle recycling workshops to teach young people how to restore, maintain and recycle bike parts in making new ones. Music workshops will engage a group of young people giving them a sense of ownership of the project.
Guidelines to application
In response to a suggestion by applicants, we have for the last two years asked organisations to submit a short initial expression of interest. Schemes were shortlisted in November 2012 and a final decision on Large Grant awards for 2013/14 was made in January 2013. Applicants were formally notified of their awards at the beginning of April 2013. Grants totalling £463,000 were awarded.