How to Apply
Area of Benefit
Our area of benefit for grants is North Southwark and Bermondsey.
Community Engagement Programme (Small Grants of up to £5,000) 2016/17. Open
The Community Engagement Programme replaces the Small Grants Programme. Constituted community groups may apply only once to our 2016/17 grant programmes, whether successful or not, for up to £5,000, although grants are frequently in the range of £1,000 to £4,000. Our average grant award in 2015 was £2,014. We give preference to the following:
- Small activities, projects and events that are created and delivered in North Southwark and Bermondsey, especially those that bring large numbers of people together and that give local residents skills, pride and the chance to shine.
- Activities, projects and events which are capable of being scaled up, or replicated, across neighbourhoods in North Southwark and Bermondsey, learning from what works.
- Creative, exciting and successful activities, projects and events currently based elsewhere that can demonstrate that they can operate in North Southwark and Bermondsey, in partnership with community groups that are established in our area of benefit.
How to apply
- Please complete and return your application form before the closing deadline below.
- For an initial discussion about your proposal, please contact Matthew Allgood, Grants Officer, tel: 020 7089 9014. Email: email@example.com
Community Engagement Programme 2016/17 Application Form.
Community Engagement Programme 2016/17 Guidelines.
There are two remaining application deadlines in 2016/17. Groups may make one application to our grant programmes in 2016/17 whether successful or not:
- Noon on Friday 7th October 2016 (for projects, activities and events starting from 1st November 2016). This round would particularly suit festive community projects, activities and events.
- Noon on Friday 16th December 2016 (for projects, activities and events starting from late January 2017)
Community Investment Programme (Large Grants of £5,001 and above) 2016/17.
Now closed to expressions of interest.
Other useful resources
Groups & organisations that we have supported can receive a copy of our logo by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free guide to funding support in Southwark
St Saviour’s has produced a handy guide to funding support for community groups in Southwark borough. The leaflet is double sided A2 size (ideal for wall mounting), folding down to A5 size, and is available in hard copy on request from Matthew Allgood, tel: 020 7089 9014, email: Matthew.Allgood@ustsc.org.uk
For a pdf version of the guide, click on the image below.
Gazebo loan scheme
Decima Street Tenants & Residents Association has six ‘United St Saviour’s Charity’ branded gazebos that they are willing to loan to other community groups in North Southwark, for outdoor community events, subject to a £50 refundable deposit.
To hire a gazebo contact: Fola Ogunkola, Chair, Decima Street T&RA. Email: email@example.com Phone: 07859 915 401.
Big Local South Bermondsey
St Saviour’s is the locally trusted organisation for Big Local South Bermondsey – a programme which aims to invest up to £1M of Lottery funds in the South Bermondsey area betweeen 2012 and 2022 , based on priorities set by residents of six local housing estates.
St Saviour’s holds funds on behalf of the Big Local South Bermondsey Partnership which comprises local residents, councillors and charities like Bede House and Millwall For All Trust. The residents have identified the following themes for the 10 year programme:
- Improving how green and open space is used on and around the estates to increase a sense of community ownership
- Encouraging young people to become actively involved in their area and develop skills for the future
- Improving community participation by older people, including opportunities for young and old to work together.
Bede House provides infrastructure to the programme and a community development worker, Ann Clayton, has been seconded from Time & Talents Association to be the Community Engagement Manager for the Programme.
For more information about Big Local South Bermondsey, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Details of the national Big Local programme go to www.localtrust.org.uk